I went out today and purchased Windows 7 Home Premium - the full edition as I was running Linux Mint on my desktop. The installation went smoothly. I installed Chrome, Flash Player, and d Nvidia display drivers.
I restart and now it's dead. Everything powers on but there are no beeps, no signal going to the monitor, the lights and fans come on but nothing happens. My mobo display says FF - fully functional. I did some reading and the best I can tell if it says FF with no POST beeps it's a dead motherboard.
I don't see how Windows 7 might have caused to mobo failure, screwing up the HDD or something maybe, but not the mobo; it could have just been bad timing or a freak accident. I tried re-seating everything and checked all of the connections - nothing came of it.
I just ordered a pile of computer parts from Newegg for a completely new build.
Will Windows 7 have an issue installing on the new hardware?
I restart and now it's dead. Everything powers on but there are no beeps, no signal going to the monitor, the lights and fans come on but nothing happens. My mobo display says FF - fully functional. I did some reading and the best I can tell if it says FF with no POST beeps it's a dead motherboard.
I don't see how Windows 7 might have caused to mobo failure, screwing up the HDD or something maybe, but not the mobo; it could have just been bad timing or a freak accident. I tried re-seating everything and checked all of the connections - nothing came of it.
I just ordered a pile of computer parts from Newegg for a completely new build.
Will Windows 7 have an issue installing on the new hardware?