Question about what Monitor to get? 24-30"??

in my travels around the net.. Ive heard some pretty nasty things about Hanns G high failure rate, dead pixils, difficult to deal with the company and the like.. I almost got one till I started reading the reviews on them. Personally, Ive marked the entire company Hanns G off my list.

Check Costco for the Hanns G, their warranty and return policies are a lot better. Even Best Buy would be better than Newegg for monitors. The quality control isn't great, so it's luck of the draw, but bang for your buck it can't be beat.

OP i'm in a similar situation, been wanting to trade up for a 28". For whatever complaints the Hanns-G has it has dozens of compliments to go with it. I've seen it in action several times and the overall "visual quality" was better than i thought, and noticeable better than their 25.5" version which i had almost bought. Personally i'd try it out, especially if you can buy it from a local Costco. From what i understand, even if you purchase it from costco online, you can still return it to a brick and mortar store if you have any problems.

Otherwise another good budget choice would be the Asus VW266H 25.5" from Buy.com's eBay store for $269 shipped. You'd get a $30 mail in rebate and $21.60 in Bing cashback, effectively lowering the price to $218.

The Costco Hanns-G would probably be a safe choice while the low price of the AsusVW266H is also worthy of some consideration imho.

I've had the 28" Hanns G for 3 months, and it's been great. It's a TN panel, and comes with the limitations of a TN panel, but for the price and size, I love it. Colors are good, no backlight bleeding, no dead pixels, no lag, less color shift than my 19" Hanns G, and the viewing angle isn't bad, expecially considering the size and the fact it's TN.

I've had my 19" Hanns G for 2 years, and it's been awesome. Never has given me even the slightest problem.

I wouldn't avoid Hanns G at all. Good prices, good quality, good reliability. Don't expect it to be an Apple Cinema Display or equivalent, because it isn't. But it's a third of the price at over half the value, which makes it a good deal in my eyes.

Back