• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about WaterWetter

wankelguy13b

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
282
Has anyone ever have any problems with it? This weekend my fan controller took a crap and luckily enough I wasn't running anything on it and temperatures rose to 60C on my video card using Atitool and my CPU temps were 60C with coretemp. Machine is running perfect after changing the fan controller. One thing I noticed was that the water turned milky somewhat when the temperature rose that high. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Also, this weekend I decided to flush my system since that happened and replaced the fluid with Pentonsin G11 and my temperatures stayed a bit more stable now and the video card seems to be running cooler. I get 44 C now with a EK block at full load using atittool, but I don't know if it was the flushing of the system or what but it could be of the remouning of the block on the video card because I had a bit of a spill so I had to take the block off the video card and clean the mess.

Just the question is, has anyone experienced this type of change of temperatures with the change of fluid? The waterwetter was in the system for 2 weeks, so it wasn't old. This has stumped me or could of been a bad installation of the water block but the cpu is also running cooler with the fans set at low speed. Any info on this would be appreciated.
 
i actually saw better temps with Royal Purple Purple Ice and Zrex Racing super coolant thant water wetter. as for the cloudy crap I had the same issue for about 2 weeks when I used WW in my loop.
 
Yeah, I noticed that too. 2 weeks later and when the temps rose because of the fans, it turned cloudy and left an oily residue. The hoses looked like crap, clouded so I changed most of them when I was flushing but couldn't replaced them all because I didn't have enough, oh well.
 
WW deposits a coating on everything to prevent corrosion...

Pentosin IS the best additive really... I've had good success with HYperlube too.
 
I ran Hyperlube in my Exos for 4 years without a problem in a 10% mixture. Water wetter has known problems with certain types of the glue used to hold together plexi or acrylic reservoirs IIRC.

Now I use a 2% mixture of AC Fluid.
 
I ran Hyperlube in my Exos for 4 years without a problem in a 10% mixture. Water wetter has known problems with certain types of the glue used to hold together plexi or acrylic reservoirs IIRC.

Now I use a 2% mixture of AC Fluid.


WW destroyed once of my Innovatech Tank-O-Matic's. I will never use it again. Hell RP Purple Ice has shown better results in my truck too...ill stick to it.
 
Back
Top