• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question about using a x800 on a 2005FPW

Mopower

Gawd
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
519
Sorry if this is the wrong forum and if a Mod can move it to the right one that would be appreciated. I just bought a 2005FPW and am having some problems. I think the problem is with the drivers or my video card.

I have a ATI x800 and I have the resolution of the monitor set to 1680x1050. When I try to play Call of Duty 2 at that resolution the lighting is blocky during game play. Like when you are in a dark room and the room gets lit up my gunfire. When it does get lit up I see lines all across the screen. It's kinda hard to explain in words. The lighting is in blocks and doesn't look like it does when the game is being played at a lower resolution. It really distracts from the game play.

I updated the drivers and have the same problem. So, I think it might be that my video card isn't powerful enough to run the game at that resolution? Is this possible? What is the max resolution of a regular x800? I have 1.5 gigs of ram and a A64 3000+.

I have to send the monitor back because there is a crack in the case and major backlight issues. But this problem would be the video card not the monitor correct? Thanks for any help.
 
I have a Built by ATI X800XT PE in my 2nd computer. It is on a 2005FPW. I have not seen this issue at 1680x1050 in COD2.

I am not sure what your issue is, but I would unload all of your drivers and reinstall them. Do you have that card overclocked?
 
No, it's not overclocked. I did the driver thing. I tried takeing a screen shot but the problem doesn't show up on the screen shot. You can seen lines across the screen but only when there are flashes of light on the screen. That's the best I can explain it. The lines are every 3 inches or so on the monitor. They only occur when light flashes on the screen from gunfire.
 
Back
Top