• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

question about upgrading

Smoothlegs

n00b
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
40
Got a question.

This is what I have:

Intel Q6600
Asus Maximus Formula
XFX 8800 GTS
8 G ram
Creative Xfi extreme music

To say I am a heavy gamer is .......well....mild.

I don't OC

Tips on upgrading without changing my MB?
 
Your video card is the biggest bottleneck in your setup. What size monitor are you using? If it's a 22"+, I would suggest getting something along the lines of a Radeon 5850.

Also, I recommend overclocking that Q6600, as it will yield some more fps in gamings.
 
If you don't OC your processor will always hold your graphics card back... so i would say get a Q9650... its a great quad and if you do OC its very easy, i managed to get one up to 3.9GHz on stock voltage...
 
Back
Top