Question about TV Tuners and Satellite TV

w00bi

[H]ard|Gawd
Soon I will be getting Satellite TV, to replace my current cable. I have been watching tv on my computer for a good amount of time now and it is probably the savior in my life. I don't really watch tv on my actual tv two feet from me, its too much of a hassle to turn my head. My question is, will satellite TV work on a tv tuner? The tv tuner that I own is a Leadtek TV2000 XP Expert (I know there is better, but it works!) Picture Here

Anyone have working Satellite TV on their computer, if so how? Does the remote/tuner for the satellite work ok? Everything work as well as it would on an actual tv?

You won't be able to directly tune satellite channels using your tv card; you will have to hook up your satellite receiver to your tv card and change the channels on your receiver.

So basicly instead of a splitter going to both my tv and pc, it would be from the Satellite tuner going to my TV and pc.. Ok sounds good.

So now my PC is basicly just a television right, you can't change anything on it, but its just like a monitor?

because you will have a satelitte box you will need something like a usb-uirt which will have to change the channel on the satelittle box for you.

Back