• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

question about the LaCie monitors

Crappyone

n00b
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
24
I hear those are one of the Best Monitors you can find. IS that true? Also how expensive would one of these be? I was looking for a 21-22"? I read somewhere about a Electron 22 Blue III, Is that a good monitor? Expensive? That's about it. Thank you
BTW is there a rule of thumb about how far away to sit from certain Size monitor?
 
Wow Really? Will let me say first that I want a CRT. So will it still be that expensive?
 
If we're talking LaCie CRTs, they're just Mitsubishi Diamondtron tubes. The tube used in the Electron 22 Blue III is the same used in the NEC FP2141 and Mitsu DP2070, which were two of the best 22 inch monitors you could buy.

If you could find one new, I'd say it'd probably run $600-700, except you'll be hard pressed to actually find one these days.

As for minimum sitting distance from the monitor - no clue. My head is probably 2 - 3.5 feet away from my two CRTs at all times, but I also run a 1600x1200 and 1920x1200 screen, and any further back from my 24 incher makes the text blurry (though not a problem on my FP912).
 
Well I found 1 that was used for $299. But it is Tube and not Flat Screen. I figured it would be flat screen for some reason. Well I'd better look at something else. The NEC FP2141 is way too much for me to spend on a monitor right now. I was looking at a Refurbed Sony E540 when I heard about the LuCie monitor, which I have never heard of that brand before. So hows the Sony E540? :D
 
The front of the tube is almost flat, I just call it a tube since that's what a CRT is (cathode ray tube). It's not an LCD flat screen panel, but it's a near-flat tube with a flat piece of glass placed over it. And like I said, it's the same tube in the FP2141. For $300 I'd buy the LaCie as long as it wasn't used too much and still had good picture quality.

As for the E540, it's not a bad monitor either, but I haven't had much face time with one.
 
Well it's a Used 22" LaCie Monitor for $360 Shipped Claimed to be in Excellent condition, or a refurbished 21" Sony E540 for $210 with free shipping and a Full 3 year warranty (parts and Labor) also claimed to be in excellent condition?
It'll mainly be used for watching Gaming/Movies/Anime and basic pc use. Is the LaCie really worth the extra money? Or do I just go for Sony w/warranty?
 
That'd be Nice, but my Desk has a enclosed monitor area. And a 22" is about pushing it, but would probably be close. the Opening is about 21-3/4" Wide x 19" Tall.
 
I'm pretty sure its the Electron Blue IV that is a rebadged 2141/2070, although i've never actually read anything about the Electron Blue III. At any rate i've heard many times that the Lacies are better made and have better color representation, so they aren't necessarily your typical rebadges. Sure they're primarily intended for photo editing and stuff but i guarentee its great for games too.

It also doesn't cost $1300-$2200 to get one, a local place here in BC called NCIX sells it for $991. I was actually gonna order one awhile back but decided to grab an off lease 2060u instead.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13909&vpn=105516&manufacture=Lacie Ltd
 
Back
Top