• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about the IP35 Pro + E0 Q9650...

silencer51

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
43
Hey guys,

I'm about to pull the trigger on an awesome deal for a slightly used E0 Q9650...

The problem is, I'm not sure whether it will work on my IP35 Pro...

The CPU isn't listed on abit's compatibility list, but then the company has been out of business for months...

By searching around, apparently there is a beta BIOS that works with the E0 CPUs...

However I've found conflicting results, some users are using Q9550/Q9650 CPUs without problems while others cant even boot - same motherboards, same beta bios (18).

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks in advance!
 
I would be surprised if it did not work, most P35 boards can handle 45nm chips.
 
Yes, most can, however Abit shut down operations before the E0 were out, hence Abit IP35 Pro owners have to rely on a beta BIOS that works for some, and doesn't for others...

So I'm looking into the matter...

I have a 1.1 revision IP35 Pro. Any fellow IP35 Pro owners, have you had success with the E0 Q9550 or Q9650?
 
Ill tell you coming off one the most oc p35 boards , DFI LP LT P35 T2R this chip wont do more than 3.8 stable and will run very crappy , after I updated q6600 to q9650 , I had to go wit the gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p , which just rolled circles around my p35 , but now the p35 isn't bad cause it running a e5200 great but p35s where meant for duals to 4.0 and quads to 3.2 to 3.7 ,
 
This thread is a bit old but I will throw in my 2 cents regardless.

I have the IP35 Pro and it is not the same as the IP35. I'm not convinced that you can use the 18 BIOS on the Pro board. Abit shows it going to 17 and I cannot locate a beta BIOS of the IP35 Pro.

My IP35 Pro has BIOS 16 installed which ran my Wolfdale E8400 for a long time just fine. I just upgraded the CPU to a Q9550 which did run on the board. I did get a strange thing happen though. The reported CPU temp is always 93 degrees C. I thought it may be a bad probe in the CPU but the exchanged one had the same behavior. I just turned off the alert for high CPU temp. Bad Company 2 runs soooooooo much better on 4 cores!
 
i have an IP35 Pro, and just swapped out my Q6600 for an E0 Q9650. upgraded the bios to version 18 before the swap (was previously running v11). absolutely no issues so far... everything is working perfectly, knock on wood. :D
 
Back
Top