• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about the I/O panel *First time building comp*

Blizzfury

n00b
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
28
Ok the case xion ii says it's an ATX case and the gigabyte p965 S3 says it's an ATX motherboard as well. Or atleast I think it does... (It's not mentioned anywhere except in it's title: " GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard"

So it would fit seeing as how they're both ATX material right?

Because it looks to me like not all the ports would go through.

Picture of motherboard I/O panel (from newegg) click here

Picture of case I/O panel (it's kinda to the side) (from newegg) click here

Yeah to me, it looks like not all the I/O panel would go through, seeing as how some ports are on the otherside, etc.

Any idea if I'm looking at this correctly?
 
The I/O panel that comes with the case is removable, meant to be replaced with the one that will come with the motherboard itself.
 
OH! LOL.

I didn't know motherboards and cases come with replaceable/removable I/O panels..... :(

I thought you had to find the motherboard that would fit correctly into the case or vice versa hahaha.

Thanks for the info! hahahaha
 
Haha that gave me a nice laugh :) Yea mATX/ATX/BTX refers to the actual dimensions of the motherboard, where the screw holes are, the configuration and layout of the ports, among other things... the rear I/O location is in the same spot in all these and only needs the I/O plate to be changed out. And if you didn't have a matching I/O plate you could still just go without one
 
Good luck with your first build! Everything's a learning experience. :D
 
Back
Top