Hey guys,
I'm thinking of buying a 2405fpw in the future, probably in the spring/early summer. However, I'm kind of worried about whether or not my 6800GT can run the monitor acceptably. I'm not that interested in running these nuts games now like Quake 4, FEAR, and whatever other games are out now that are terribly crazy intensive.
Honestly, the only games I care about are CounterStrike Source, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I'm not sure my 6800GT can push CSS that far... ie: 1920x1200 with 8x fsaa and 4x anisotropic filtering. Is it possible to run CSS in a like 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 window with black space on the left and right sides of the monitor? It would be better haha, because I could still keep my good framerates and have the huge display for movies and other stuff.
I just generally want some feedback on how people with similar rigs to me, (or people with knowledge of what WOULD happen with a rig like mine) handle gaming, movie playing, and other tasks on a 2450fpw.
In short, if I'm not terribly concerned with running games at 1920x1200 with all the bells and whistles, will I be happy with my 6800GT + 2450fpw??
Another aside: My first LCD was a BENQ FP937. I was fairly impressed I suppose, however I was demoralized when I found out it had bad backlight leakage and a dead pixel. It really madem e feel bad about my purchase.
I'm wondering, for the Dell 2405fpw... how abundant are these manufacturing defects (ie: dead pixels, backlight leakage, etc etc)? Dell seems to have a very good panel source for the 2405, am I more or less likely to get manufacturer defects with a 2405fpw than I was with my FP937?
Happy Holidays, and thanks for reading my post
.
I'm thinking of buying a 2405fpw in the future, probably in the spring/early summer. However, I'm kind of worried about whether or not my 6800GT can run the monitor acceptably. I'm not that interested in running these nuts games now like Quake 4, FEAR, and whatever other games are out now that are terribly crazy intensive.
Honestly, the only games I care about are CounterStrike Source, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Starcraft and Warcraft 3. I'm not sure my 6800GT can push CSS that far... ie: 1920x1200 with 8x fsaa and 4x anisotropic filtering. Is it possible to run CSS in a like 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 window with black space on the left and right sides of the monitor? It would be better haha, because I could still keep my good framerates and have the huge display for movies and other stuff.
I just generally want some feedback on how people with similar rigs to me, (or people with knowledge of what WOULD happen with a rig like mine) handle gaming, movie playing, and other tasks on a 2450fpw.
In short, if I'm not terribly concerned with running games at 1920x1200 with all the bells and whistles, will I be happy with my 6800GT + 2450fpw??
Another aside: My first LCD was a BENQ FP937. I was fairly impressed I suppose, however I was demoralized when I found out it had bad backlight leakage and a dead pixel. It really madem e feel bad about my purchase.
I'm wondering, for the Dell 2405fpw... how abundant are these manufacturing defects (ie: dead pixels, backlight leakage, etc etc)? Dell seems to have a very good panel source for the 2405, am I more or less likely to get manufacturer defects with a 2405fpw than I was with my FP937?
Happy Holidays, and thanks for reading my post