• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about temperatures/ new pc build.

Joined
Jun 28, 2013
Messages
3
Hi!

I just finished a new pc build everything went fine while building it.
The case is fractal design r4 (windowed side-panel.)

I am using Real Temp to monitor the temps while playing games.
On the Cpu the temperatures can climb to 65-72 C (no overcklocking).
I thought the h60 v2 could cool better than this?

The gfx card can climb to 76-80 C Are these temperatures normal or am I doing anything wrong? I have tried re-seating the heatsink several times using artic silver 5 with no result. Maybe the airflow could be improved , but i dont want to mount any fans on the top of the case.

I mounted the two 140 mm fans as intake in the front and I am using a corsair h60 v2 as cpu cooler on ivy bridge 3770K (motherboard is gigabyte UD5H) The rear fan on the radiator is set to blow the air out from the case.The gfx card is asus geforce 670 direct cu oc version.
I am a bit concerned with the temps as they tend to climb quite high while playing games...
 
Why don't you want to mount fans to the top? Noise? I think even putting some low rpm fans in those 2 spots would help get the hot air out. May be a little hard with just the h60. Also, with the way you have it set up all the air your intakes are pushing are jamming hot air through your rad since it's your only exhaust.
 
your CPU temps are high due to the h60 are sucking all the hot air dissipated from the GPU(wich its pretty high for that card btw).. as the H60 its really near of the card it suck almost all the hot air, also that temperature on the GPU tell me that your case have poorly airflow or are in a enclosed area with a high room temp..

in other theme, check the h60 its correctly mounted, check if the backplate its in the right position(this way).. maybe have poorly contact..
 
Back
Top