• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question about SFFs

EnforcerGT

Bad Trader
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
1,501
I need a SFF for work because I dont much desk space, but my computer requires 2 parallel ports. The computer needs to be a C2D but nothing high-end. So I'm wondering if I can add 2 pci parallel cards into most SFFs?? What about shuttles? Can they handle 2 parallel cards?? My backup plan would be the NSK 3300. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
 
If your parallel ports are on a PCI card, then any SFF mobo with at least one PCI card should do the job. The Asus P5E-VM HDMI would work, although I'd go with something that has 2 PCI slots just in case. The P5K-VM or GA-G33M-DS2R could also work. Since it's for work, I imagine you would't be overclocking, and could save a little money by getting the Gigabyte GA-G31 board (don't remember the exact model number, but it's cheaper than the other boards)
 
I'd like to buy a shuttle if I can. So as long as there are 2 pci slots on the mobo, i should be good right??

So far my scenario is....

Buy a C2D capable shuttle with 2 pci slots
Buy 2 pci parallel port cards and thats it??
 
Well upon further review, I cant go with a shuttle. None of them have parallel ports and can only hold 1 pci card. I guess I'll go with the NSK
 
Back
Top