Question about set top box and HTPC.

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I was reading corsairs guide to building a simple HTPC, the particular page in question is located here

So in that diagram we see that he has just connected his digibox straight to the capture card, now I have a digibox at home it is a CDC-7000 ST supplied by Canal+ (European Satelite company)
It is a combo box (DVB-S and DVB-T) and the million dollar question is can I do this and view the satelite channels and terrestrial channels through the one capture card? If this is so would I need to use the old set top box remote to change channels? What about the EPG? Or could the set top box be set to a sort of zombie mode where it is controlled by the HTPCs capture card and remote?

Scratching head here.

I didn't read his link, but to answer your questions...
You will be able to view all of the channels. The STB will tune, the "tuner" card will in this case just accept the feed being sent to it. Your HD channels will not be HD anymore though.
You can you the old remote to change channels, or get an IR Blaster and then use the MCE (or w/e) remote. I will be using the second option.

Back