Question about Sennheiser HD 280PRO at amazon.com

Shadowfury957

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
220
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000065BPB/ref=nosim/0076-20
Are these the black cans or the silver ones? The main picture shows the silver cans, but the other picture shows black cans.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...172282,k:sennheiser hd 280 pro,p_4:Sennheiser
On this page it shows 3 different HD 280PROs, I'm looking to buy the black cans at the best possible price. Which is the right one?

They're all the same. The silver ones are just a color change. There are some 128 ohm 280 pro's but, all three you listed are all 64 ohms. Great cans in my opinion.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I ordered from Provantage.com and they canceled the order on me saying

"Dear Provantage Customer,

We are unable to process the order at this time for the Sennheiser
headphones. We are currently in the process of getting re-authorized
with the manufacturer. We apologize for the inconvenience. The order
will have to be cancelled."

So i'm never using provantage anymore :p

I want to buy from amazon.com (unless theres a better place?) and I need to know which of those cans I linked are the black version because I do not want the silver version. Here is the link again.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...172282,k:sennheiser hd 280 pro,p_4:Sennheiser
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I ordered from Provantage.com and they canceled the order on me saying

"Dear Provantage Customer,

We are unable to process the order at this time for the Sennheiser
headphones. We are currently in the process of getting re-authorized
with the manufacturer. We apologize for the inconvenience. The order
will have to be cancelled."

So i'm never using provantage anymore :p

I want to buy from amazon.com (unless theres a better place?) and I need to know which of those cans I linked are the black version because I do not want the silver version. Here is the link again.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p...172282,k:sennheiser hd 280 pro,p_4:Sennheiser

If you have a Sam Ash or Guitar Center near you, you can pick them up there for around $100. Convenience vs. price I guess.

Also, newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106328
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My 5th gen iPod drives them really well. An amp might help to bring more volume, but the sound is good. They don't need EQing either.
 
The big plastic headband headphones are junk. Over time the headband plastic will start to crack and fall apart, you're better off getting straight ear buds from Boise.
 
My 280's plastic headband started to crack shortly after I bought them. Some black duck tape will fix it and prevent it from cracking further without being too noticeable.
 
I was never a fan of the 280's myself; I prefer the sony v6's however those have some shrill highs and comfort issues associated with the stock pads :(

I've heard good things about the Beyerdynamic dt770-80's though but have never heard thems.
 
...you're better off getting straight ear buds from Boise.
Yeah, Boise has the best buds.

I've had my HD 280s for ~five years (do you even have a pair...?). No cracking, splintering or otherwise. Mistreat them, and obviously they're going to get fucked up, as with anything.
 
Back
Top