Question about secure wireless surfing

Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
50
I am traveling around from coffee shop to coffee shop surfing the web. I am semi-paranoid and I understand how packet sniffers and fraudulent hotspots work.

I was trying to research solutions but I am unsure of how to “search” my question so I am posting it here and maybe somebody can give me some advice for what to look for.

What I am looking for is some secure way to surf the web via my personal network at home. I am unsure if this is possible. I read a bit about vpn and I didn’t find any information about whether I could use them to surf the web from my home network. I understand that I can use a vpn to get information from my network securely but to surf the web is a different matter.

I am looking for a way to securely “tunnel” to my network and surf from there since I know it is a trusted network. So, ideally I could use a fraudulent hotspot to surf the internet and if somebody were capturing my packets they would just see a bunch of crap.

Also, I am not sure if VNC would be a solution. I have it installed but only use it internally. If it does provide security it would be an acceptable solution.

Thank you for your help



 
Back
Top