• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about Sandy Bridge Idle voltage

novadaemon

Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
862
My 2500k is currently OC'd to 4.6ghz @ 1.35v on an Asrock P67 Pro3.
I had set the voltage to 1.35v fixed because if I set it using the offset method it doesn't work right and spikes my voltage to 1.4v. I dont know why.

I've turned on all power saving features, but I'm wondering how much more power my comptuer is going to use at idle if the voltage is 1.35v fixed. It still runs at 1.6ghz idle. Is there any way to lower the idle voltage?
 
Without using auto voltage or default with an offset, i'm not sure if you can get the voltage to drop at idle.
 
The spike to 1.4V might be caused by the loadline calibration setting. Not sure what the Asrock has for options, but on the Asus boards setting high levels of LLC results in added voltage, not just reduced Vdroop.
 
Back
Top