Question about S6 Edge being placed upside down

a!!!!1

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
95
When I go to sleep at night, I like to turn my phone upside down so if the screen lights up it doesn't wake me up. I am thinking about getting an S6 Edge and am wondering if the part of the screen on the side will light up and be visible (for example if someone calls, or I get an email notification, etc) even if the phone is upside down (with the screen facing down I mean). Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this
 
Hmm.. none of my phones have ever lit up during a notification of any kind unless I set it to do so. And most phones, such as Samsung and HTC phones have a "blocking mode" or Do Not Disturb feature to where the phone won't light up or notify you while enabled or during set hours you specify. So this should be a non-issue anyways and you shouldn't have to sit your phone face down. At least I just tested it with my One M8 and it doesn't light up when I call it and that mode is enabled (I have it set to do it between 11 PM and 7 AM normally though). These features are built in natively to Android now though in 5.x and up, but I'm not sure they handle the display the same way or not.

But to answer your question specifically, I'm almost positive that you can disable the Edge caller ID (where it flashes a set contact's color on the edge while it's ringing) if need be. But I would think you wouldn't have to disable that and Blocking Mode would be enough to where you don't have to sit your phone face down in the first place.
 
Thanks, didn't know about blocking mode. Sounds useful. I'm currently using an iPhone and am ready to switch back to Android, but I haven't used Android since the Galaxy S2 so I'm out of the loop.
 
Back
Top