• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about running lcd's under native

Light1984

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
619
Ok, I think I am going to pick up a Samsung 244t from the egg after christmas. I asked for a gift certificate, so that should ease the $1400 pain a little. Anyways, I wont be upgrading my rig until next summer, 8 series, new amd socket, ddr2, etc,etc. I will be running the desktop in 1920x1080 which is fine, but when I game, which is what I will be doing mostly, can i play at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 without the scaling. I want to be able to play with the black bars all around it, itll be bigger than my 19" crt anyways. But for doing graphic stuff, the 1920x1080 will be nice. I know my rig cant handle that in games though. thx


Light
 
MiamiBigAL: no?

When running in native pixels no blur or image quality is changed from when using a native resolution..
The only difference is that you get a 'smaller' screen (black bars around the image).

Most large LCDs can do this as far as I know and I would be surprised if the Samsung 244t couldn't.


Also, even when running att full screen on a non native resolution I don't think that the image quality is degraded that much, when running a fast paced game you don't have time to wonder about whether or not all pixels are perfectly even. But strategy games might suffer more, dunno about that.
 
I agree with tjoff, image quality should not be degraded, it should actually be better than running on fullscreen because you'll get a 1:1 pixel mapping with no scaling, but you will of course get a smaller screen.
I got a 19"-er and 1024 still looks very good in games, although when you switch to desktop it starts to look crappy. But games are good. I even played Fallout Tactics in 1024 and that was fine.
 
Back
Top