Question about reinstalling windows and saved game data

FRZ

2[H]4U
So I just put together a new pc and I have a slight issue with windows 8 and boot times. Want to reinstall windows but I have been playing Sleeping Dogs since I built it. Is it possible to reinstall windows and then the game, and have it start where I had last saved in the game?

Don't have the game so I'm just guessing here...

Why not just save the saved game data stored on your hard drive?
Or if you have it through steam, enable the steam cloud, let steam save it for you.

A lot of games still save your saved games in your my documents folder, not too hard to copy it elsewhere.

A lot of games still save your saved games in your my documents folder, not too hard to copy it elsewhere.

they all save to your documents folder, they have to in order to comply with windows compatibility. this is the most reliable way to transfer your saves, no matter what happens to steam the files will be there.

only exception would be those fucked up ubisoft games that actively delete your saves, even then they will still use it as intermediate storage. that's how cracked versions get around this, by preventing them from deleting those.

Back