• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about refresh rate

Ilpalazzo

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2005
Messages
38
I just got an FPD2185W gateway lcd and I noticed in the manual at its highest res 1680x1050 it runs at 60hz and it says at 1440x900 it can run at 75. When I go to 1440x900 I can only select 60 even with the hide modes thing unchecked. However it feels smoother as though it automatically went to 75. Wondering what thats about.

Now my question. At 1680x1050 with hide modes unchecked I can select 75. I was wondering, if I select 75hz at that res will I mess something up? Should I just leave it at 60 as the manual states?

Appreciate any help. By the way very nice monitor. My first lcd. I would go into my experience with it but I just want help with my question.

Heh one dead pixel at bottom. I was scared there would be a lot of em. anyway... :)
 
You could mess something up....unless your monitor has a feature that makes the display put out the best it can with "uncompatible" refresh rates.....if worse comes to worse, hook up a different monitor that supports the resolution and change it back.
 
Back
Top