• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about recording audio from a mic

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2001
Messages
6,471
We are thinking about starting up our own podcast and weren't sure how to record audio from at least two sources. Sound cards have a mic in and a line in. Can you use both at the same time?
Could I use two soundcards to capture audio?

Sould I just use USB mics?

How about using a mixer that can handle many inputs and then just send one line into the PC?

What sort of difference in audio quality can I expect from each of these?
 
i believe that the mixer would be the "right" method to do it, or you could get splitters and split the microphone connection on your sound card
 
Get a small mixer. I just bought a Yamaha MG10/2 and I've already hooked all kinds of audio electronics into my computer that I never would have before. It's great having that many inputs and you can send all of it to the line in on your soundcard.
 
Back
Top