Question about Raven Rv02

kinjo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
1,053
So I was wondering if anyone who owns a silverstone raven RV02 could shed some light on how well the cooling in these cases perform with GPU's that don't have an external exhaust style fan. I ask because I am building a new system and really like the concept behind the raven but am concerned that if I ever decide to use a non EE gpu in the future that fact that the case has only one exhaust fan of it's own might create an issue.
 
I have this case and I think it will work well because of the large fans in the bottom of the case that push the air up. The case has good air flow. The vertical position of the video card will help the heat go straight up and out of the case.
 
the case only has 1 exhaust fan for a reason, to create positive air pressure. this actually helps cooling the case. if the raven rv02 is anything like my rv01, the PCI slot covers are also meshed, to allow air to push out from there as the exhaust can only move so much air. this also prevents air from being stuck in the case.

the raven series do well for fan less designs, and is one feature they like to boast about. they ran the rv01 completely fanless (video cards, cpu, and case fans) and stress tested the hardware. nothing crashed, so i think you will be fine.
 
Back
Top