Question about pins

dsc220

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2002
Messages
179
Well I haven't been on this forum for about 2 or 3 years now.

I have a quick question, I tried searching but the search didn't work for me for some reason.

I will be running a Pentium D dual core and 7800gt. I found a great 450w psu with a 20a 12v rail but the only problem is that it is a 20 pin. My motherboard is a 24 pin.

I am sure this question gets asked lots of times but will using an adapter be any different from using a 24 pin psu? Any problems, hazzards? Thank you!
 
On my box it says i need a minimum of a 350w PSU with a 20a 12v. For the GTX it says 26a.

So with that thought aside what should I do about the pins?
 
dsc220 said:
On my box it says i need a minimum of a 350w PSU with a 20a 12v. For the GTX it says 26a.

So with that thought aside what should I do about the pins?

Well 20pin ATX connectors are keyed to work in 24pin boards......but what PSU is it for what total system?
 
dsc220 said:
On my box it says i need a minimum of a 350w PSU with a 20a 12v. For the GTX it says 26a.

So with that thought aside what should I do about the pins?
That is marketing, so you will buy their product!
I'm telling you the truth. ;)
 
Back
Top