• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about overclocking.

Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
996
Ok, so I've been tweaking my 6800LE.

I was able to unlock 1 extra quad of pipes and both vertex shaders.

But I've turned those off for now, to test overclocking.

I'm getting some weirdness in 3dmark05, but it's ALWAYS on
the same places.

When I tried unlocking the other masked quad of pipes, I saw
VERY noticeable artifacting.

Would all artifacting be very noticeable? Is what I'm seeing simply
a resolution issue since I'm running at 1024/768?

That's what it seems like to me, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Basically what I'm seeing is only during the airship benchmark.
Some of the rocks in the background have some flickering thing
going on a bit. And like I said, it's always in the same places and
I think it was doing that even without anything unlocked or overclocked at all.

Heh. Guess I just want a second opinion.
 
Nevermind. It was normal, I guess. Didn't have any issues with any other test.

I'm quite happy with my 6800LE:

Stock:
3DMark01: 12995
3DMark03: didn't test
3DMark05: 2516

12x1, 6vp & overclocked to 370/860:
3DMark01: 14085
3DMark03: 9353
3DMark05: 3717

Runs about 50-53 idle, 63 load

:)
 
Ah yeah. Forgot about those.

Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton" (stock speed)
512MB PC3200 Corsair Value Select
onboard sound
crappy 20GB 5400RPM HDD (I'm a broke bastard, so I have
to spring for cutting corners alot of times).
Rosewill 450watt PSU (actually a rather nice and stable unit)
 
Back
Top