• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about overclocking AMD 5000+ Black Edition

vannguyen0

Gawd
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
623
So I'm not really trying to do a crazy overclock the AMD 5000+. I'm just trying to increase the multiplier (I read on another site that it can easily run 14x/15x multipliers with no voltage changes). So I went ahead an increased the multiplier (stock = 13x) to 14x. Prime95 stable for hours. Increased it to 15x. Prime95 stable for hours. Then I just noticed as I was opening up CPUZ, that the multiplier detected by CPUZ is still 13x. I looked at Vista system properties and saw that the CPU is rated at 2.6GHz (15x multiplier would make the CPU = 3.0GHz).

BUT when I reboot, I see that the bios is detecting that the CPU speed is 3.0GHz and when I go into the bios, I see that the multiplier is still set to 15x.

Am I not doing something right? I'm using an MSI P9N SLI Platinum board with the latest bios.

Thanks!
 
Not sure this is the answer, but make sure Cool'n'Quiet is deactivated on your system
 
Back
Top