• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about OC'ing my i5

k1ll4b3rn3

n00b
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
29
I recently bought an i5-4570k and just wondering what I could OC to without a water cooled heatsink stable? I'd be using a hyper 212 evo.
 
As much as the Crappy TIM included between the die and the CPU heatsink allow you =D.. just one way to figure it.. just overclock and see how far you get... with those chips no matter if you are using a cheap air cooler or a high end custom water loop the included crappy TIM its the limiting factor..
 
~4.2GHz should be guaranteed, average is around 4.5GHz I would say, you need to try and see your luck.
 
Back
Top