question about new 9.9 drivers

i have a hd 4850 and i downloaded the new 9.9 drivers from amd website. after i install everything and restart, i load up dxdiag and it says that my driver version is 8.64. i also went into the ati catalyst center (may not be right name) and it also says that my drivers are 8.64 and that the date on them is 8/13/09 and the new drivers online say 9/11. does anyone know how i can fix this or if this is right?

ps running vista 64 bit

did you uninstall your older drivers and driver clean/sweep them before installing 9.9? if not, that is what i recommend.

how do driver clean/sweep them. i did uninstall them first before i started installing the new ones though

Go into the catalyst and look in the information centre under graphics software.

What you are reading is the driver packaging version, not the catalyst version.

Don't bother doing a driver clean whatever you do, at worst just uninstall and re-install using the supplied function in the driver setup package.

Go into the catalyst and look in the information centre under graphics software.

What you are reading is the driver packaging version, not the catalyst version.

Don't bother doing a driver clean whatever you do, at worst just uninstall and re-install using the supplied function in the driver setup package.

ah forgot about that, lol thx

Back