question about my NOD32 software

I have some programs, mainly my download manager that provides an option to allow your current antivirus software to initialize and scan when the file being downloaded is complete. I used to use Norton and all I would have to do to get this function to work was to point the other software (download manager, etc.) towards my NAV32.exe file and the software would then initialize that file (which is the virus scanner for Norton) automatically and scan for viruses automatically. It really makes things much easier for the end user.

The question is: I haven't been able to get this function to work successfully with NOD32. I tried pointing my download manager towards the NOD32 program file but all that does is brings up the manual scan console. Does anyone with NOD32 know how to get this funtion working properly. Also I have AMON enabled, and is this all I need for safety instead of having to initialize the scanner at command? In other words is AMON scanning incomming files from IE too along with everthing else? The AMON console give statistics to how many files have been scanned, it' a really cool feature. But...yeah...

Thanks in advance.

FAQ

The Amon is a memory resident antivirus monitor which serves for automatic control of the files when they are opened, executed, renamed, or created. In addition, it controls the systems segments of the floppy disks immediately upon first accessing. The scanning takes advantage of improved classical methods and advanced heuristic tools as well. It is available for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP and Novell platform.

Documantation > NOD32 Version 1.0 pdf in exepack
(the manual, even for version 2.0)

not exactly sure how to set that up, I manually scan all my downloads, (Deep scan) but Amon should in theory also be scanning as you download as its memory resident

Back