Question about my MX Revolution mouse...

nsyrax

n00b
I have noticed some lagging/stalling when operating my mouse and wanted to know if it might be the surface I'm using the mouse on. It's dark grey with light grey speckle. If this isn't the ideal surface for a laser mouse, are there any mousepads that you might recommend? Thanks!!!!!!!

As long as the surface isn't reflective or glass, then the problem probably isn't the surface.

Does this lag occur all the time, or only after it's been sitting for a while?

Are you sure that you mouse is fully charged?

It just seems to happen at no particular time, the battery if about 3/4 charged so I really don't know what the problem might be.

Same thing happened with mine. Silky smooth some of the time, but occasionally (once every 30 minutes or so, maybe more often) the cursor would stutter and my mouse movement would become jerky. After about 5 seconds or so, it goes away, but it's very annoying and not very good for a mouse that costs $100.

Returned mine and got a G7 Cabon Fiber instead.

I saw first hand this weekend a jumping MX1000 mouse.
It would jump to one edge of the screen randomly, about 4 times a minute.
After trying all manner of surfaces, this one turned out to be a faulty transceiver unit (the charging base).
Luckily we had another base to test with.

yeah!! my MX Revolution lags randomly also! about a 1-2 secon hiccup and then everything is back to normal. VERY IRRITATING!

mine does this about once every 4 months. I find the base has somehow moved to far away from my mouse on my desk. Try moving it a bit closer

J

Haven't noticed this on mine. It's smoother than my mx510, which is wired. Only time I saw lagging was when the battery was down around 25% when I first took it out of the box, haven't seen it since.

Check for possible sources of interference and move the receptor around a bit.

Yup it sucks mines going back tomorrow. This mouse is supposed to have like a 30 foot range so the desk thing is not applicable here.

Mac

do you have any 2.4ghz devices around? I've read reports of people who have wireless routers / phones nearby that cause problems with the mouse.

I have an mx510 which jump to the top left of my screen at random times. Like to the most top left corner as you can get. I thought this was common but...I just dont know.

Cript said:
do you have any 2.4ghz devices around? I've read reports of people who have wireless routers / phones nearby that cause problems with the mouse.

Yes I have a 2.4ghz phone on my desk and a wireless router. Seems kind of strange that any wireless mouse manufacture would use the most common cordless phone frequency if it impossed problems.

Mac

General Crespin said:
Move the base away from those devices.

The base is not the RX with this mouse it has a USB dongle. Also every review has stated the same thing with glitches which leads me to believe its a crappy design.

Mac

Back