Question about my motherboard!

nnamdizzle

n00b
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
28
Hey guys, i have one quick question, hopefully someone can help me.

I currently have the DFI Lanparty UT nforce3 250gb motherboard which is a socket 754 chipset. I also have 2x512 of corsair xms memory in the 1st and 2nd slot. I was just wondering if i could add a 1gig stick of memory to the last slot for this configuration. Would this cause any problems if it were pc3200 like my two other sticks or if it were corsair xms also? Also I was wondering if i could use this configuration with all the slots full and running all of them at pc3200, keep in mind i'm not overclocking.

full specs of my mobo: here
 
I think if you use the 3rd slot its going to kick the ram back to 333 instead of ddr400 speed.
It seems it will handle 1gb sticks in slots 1 & 2 for ddr400.
"Supports up to 3GB memory when using DDR333 Supports up to 2GB memory when using DDR400
Supports PC2700 (DDR333) and PC3200 (DDR400) DDR SDRAM DIMM "
 
yea, that's what i figured heh
would putting a 512 instead of 1024 for memory do any good for performance, a gig and a half basically , also, would it be better to have it at 333 with 2 gigs of ram as opposed to 1 gig with 400. thanks for the replies
 
Back
Top