Question about my CPU Temp.

kycivicboy

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
13
here is my setup:


DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Socket 754
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Newcastle
Thermaltake VENUS 12 80mm Ball Cooling Fan/Heatsink
WD 80 gig SATA
Seagate 200 Gig SATA
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400
MSI NX6600GT-VTD128 Geforce 6600GT

Case: Antec Performance I P-160WF

My CPU temp is 49'C at idle witht he Fan at about 3500 RPMs.

I have been reading and see how most people with the same cpu and fan/heatsink get about 36-40'C, What could I do to get these temps with mine as well? Any information would be appreciated. My case temp runs about 38'C as well.

I have a Thermaltake Smart Case Fan 2 Sitting in the box i coiuld install soemwhere in the case too if that would help. Bit like i said im looking for suggestions.


Thanks
Jon O.
 
1. did you use thermal paste when you installed the cpu ?

2. any fans in the case ?

3. ambient temps ?


D
 
The case has 2 120mm fans (1 infront of the Hard Drives and the other one is in the back. of the case. Power Supply has 2 fans on it as well., I used Arctic Silver Compound, and Room temp is 75'F

Also I have not done any overclocking to it.
 
kycivicboy said:
The case has 2 120mm fans, I used Arctic Silver Compound, and Room temp is 75'F

Also I have not done any overclocking to it.

strange, Id suggest you reseat the hs, it may not be sitting right

D
 
yeah it has been running like this since i built it about 3 months ago.. I have not had any problems out of it at all though.. Doesnt dreeze or anything.. Unles the bios, or SpeedFan isnt reading the right temp either. But I would like to figure out how to get the temps down. I will reset the heatsink tomorrow and see what that does..
 
I did some research on my motherboard. come to find out the default bios had a problem with the cpu temp and read high. I updated my bios to the newest version and now its showing my system idle at 39'C at 3500 RPMs. I would still liek to get it to drop a couple more degrees though.
 
Back
Top