Question about my 28 HannsG

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
So I got this monitor a few days ago from Costco and all in all it's pretty nice. That being said I'm having a problem when I'm in a game, any game. When there's movement in dark areas, which there always is, the object that is moving against the dark background have a glow around them. It's not noticeable when I'm in a well lit area of a map or level but it's driving me crazy. I think I'm gonna return it tomorrow and pick up something else but I wanted to get others opinions. It's almost like the monitor is over compensating for movement or something. When I'm watching a movie or surfing the net it's awesome but the gaming situation is getting to me.
I've tried every game in my collection and it happens in all of them.

So I got this monitor a few days ago from Costco and all in all it's pretty nice. That being said I'm having a problem when I'm in a game, any game. When there's movement in dark areas, which there always is, the object that is moving against the dark background have a glow around them. It's not noticeable when I'm in a well lit area of a map or level but it's driving me crazy. I think I'm gonna return it tomorrow and pick up something else but I wanted to get others opinions. It's almost like the monitor is over compensating for movement or something. When I'm watching a movie or surfing the net it's awesome but the gaming situation is getting to me.
I've tried every game in my collection and it happens in all of them.

Well its probalby not ghosting because its rated at 3ms and anything below usually 8ms you shouldnt see it, but what it is the nature of lcd screen where when you move the screen up, down, left, and right any still objects will slightly get out of focus, kind of like double vision look to it. I bet a crt screen wont do what your describing. Most likely a different lcd will do the same.

I tried everything and nothing worked so I just took it back, oh well. Thanks for the help guys.

It's almost like the monitor is over compensating for movement or something.

That sounds like overdrive that is slightly too aggressive. LCDs and black background + fast moving bright things isn't the best anyways.

That sounds like overdrive that is slightly too aggressive. LCDs and black background + fast moving bright things isn't the best anyways.

Yea that's what I was thinking, I tried using the ATI Overdrive utility to compensate for it but to no avail. I just went to Staples and got a 19in Acer for 109.99 to hold me over for now, and I ordered a 4830 to go along with it.

Back