Question about mouse DPI Steps

Joined
May 18, 2014
Messages
60
HI

Are there any mouses out there that go beyond the 5-6 DPI Rating Steps. i see most do max of 5-6 with steps of 400/800/1600/3200, and give or take 200 and 5000.

If there arent any, why do they not exist? Is there some kind of technical difficulties? let me know your thoughts. thanks
 
HI

Are there any mouses out there that go beyond the 5-6 DPI Rating Steps. i see most do max of 5-6 with steps of 400/800/1600/3200, and give or take 200 and 5000.

If there arent any, why do they not exist? Is there some kind of technical difficulties? let me know your thoughts. thanks

Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) allows you to set your DPI with a lot more flexibility. For example, my MX518, stock, is 400/800/1800. With LGS (no longer installed), I could set anywhere from 1 to 5 steps, with virtually any interval I wanted using an interval of 50. So I could have 400/800/1200/1600/1800, or whatever I want.

LGS works with all of Logitech's current mice. And I'm sure that other OEMs and their software allow similar customization, but LGS is the only one I've used so far.
 
Back
Top