Question about microphone and x-fi

ellover009

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 17, 2005
Messages
1,911
Hi guys, I have a x-fi platinum, I really love the front bay, it allows me to connect my audio technica a900ltd's. I recently won a bid on eBay for a audio technica microphone, a really nice one. When I went to pick it up to the place I found out it was the 3 prong type on the bottom, they did have a cable they sold separately and at the end it had the fat plug like my headphones, this worked out great because my x-fi plat front bay does have a slot for my mike also.
I tested the microphone in recording mode and selected source to line in mike 2.Tested it and it works fine, my problem is when I am in gaming mode in HL2 I go to test mike and I get no audio feedback, I close the game and check the x-fi gaming pannel and it mutes line in , I tried turning it on and once I run the game it turns off that feature. How do I get my mike working with games? I did not have this issue with my sound blaster zs2. How do I get things working?
 
Anything, I am trying to get it running with my games with the microphone. Any ideas
 
So far I figured out how to get it semi working, when I start the game the mike gets muted, so tab alt out and open the x-fi panel and enable it and switch it to mike 2 since it's the front bay. Any way to fix this permanently?
 
Back
Top