Hey everyone,
I'm gearing up for a surround sound setup, that would hopefully double up as a semi-pro audio suite, since i do both work and other stuff gaming, movies, music) on my PC.
From searching around, I've found that the best compromise between pro speakers and genereal-use speakers are the M-Audio LX4. But before I buy them, i have a few questionds for you experts;
- I understand that the basic 2.1 speaker set can be turned into a 5.1 speaker system by adding the 3-speaker expansion. Could I turn that into a 7.1 system by adding another 2 speakers from M-Audio, like the DX4 2.0? Would that configuration work and deliver true 7.1 surround sound?
- Also, I already own a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro. Will it work correctly with these speakers? And do I need to add an external decoder for DTS/Dolby, or can i just connect the speakers directly to the sound card?
Thank you in advance for the help,
TDX
I'm gearing up for a surround sound setup, that would hopefully double up as a semi-pro audio suite, since i do both work and other stuff gaming, movies, music) on my PC.
From searching around, I've found that the best compromise between pro speakers and genereal-use speakers are the M-Audio LX4. But before I buy them, i have a few questionds for you experts;
- I understand that the basic 2.1 speaker set can be turned into a 5.1 speaker system by adding the 3-speaker expansion. Could I turn that into a 7.1 system by adding another 2 speakers from M-Audio, like the DX4 2.0? Would that configuration work and deliver true 7.1 surround sound?
- Also, I already own a Creative X-Fi Elite Pro. Will it work correctly with these speakers? And do I need to add an external decoder for DTS/Dolby, or can i just connect the speakers directly to the sound card?
Thank you in advance for the help,
TDX