question about logitech wireless mice and keyboards

atomic3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
140
Do the logitech wireless mice (ie mx700) need a direct line of sight to work? Do the receiver and mouse have to level with each other(on the same surface)? or can the mouse be on the desk and the receiver on top of the tower? What about the keyboards? thanks for any input!
 
They do not require line of sight.... Both are radio frequency devices, not IR.

However, they have a maximum range of six feet. But this is plenty to be flexible with receiver placement.
 
Nope. They can suffer from interference though.

I've got a sharp zaurus sl-6000l and if I fire up the wireless on that anywhere near the base station or the mouse, the mouse flakes out. Hitting the connect button on the bottom usually brings it back to life, maybe they have multiple channels available and only one of them is being treaded on by the wireless?

All that aside, the mx700 has to rank in the top 5 list of 'upgrades' I've ever made. :D
 
I gave my Mx Duo a test out the other day and the keyboard was still no missing any keystrokes when i was about 5 meters away, though after that it began only picking up about 50%. The mouse I havent really tried from more than a few feet away. Basically, they are very versatile. As said before, no line of sight is needed. I have a friend with a wireless set and when playing NFSU he sets it through his tv and sits in front of the tv playing (pc is a few meters away) and it works no prob.


CadniuM
 
Back
Top