Question about linking Steam account with Uplay

Flogger23m

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
16,951
Reinstalled HAWX 2 today, which I bought via Steam but always required a Uplay account running in addition to Steam. Upon launching it Uplay gave me the option to link my Steam & Uplay account. For now I opted out of it, but if I link the accounts can I still access my Ubisoft games via Steam?

Even though I have to run via Uplay regardless, having the games listed in Steam is preferred.
 
I think once you link it to Upay that's it and no more Steam. I had that option show up several times with all the games I have in Steam. I always opt out and kept it link to Steam!
 
Interestingly I opted out for it, but it looks like it tried to do it for me anyways. But says my 5 year old title is used by another account. The game I've finished once and bought 5 years ago is now "tied to another uplay account". Their customer service question support page doesn't work, and Valve has conveniently removed the title (HAWX 2) from both my purchase history and the sale page.

Looks like Ubi & Valve are out right deleting our games with no real way to get compensated. I'll appeal for a 5 year late refund from Valve and if they don't I might have to escalate it further. Another reason why I hate these clients, accounts and whatnot. Especially when you have inept, customer hating retards running the show at Valve/Ubi. :mad:
 
Still trying to resolve this. Ubisoft's incompetence and garbage Uplay website/app still doesn't work, but at least they respond every other day or so. But it is going in circles.

Valve is still outsourcing the customer service to third world illiterate monkeys and is denying the issue and pretending I never actually owned the product even though it is in my Steam account. Looks like Valve is too busy messing around with a console that is DOA, illegal aftermarket Chinese grade controllers and microtransations for garbage games to fix the real issue with their service. Valve and Ubi can go fuck each other.
 
Last edited:
I've only contacted Ubisoft support once and had a decent experience.
I happened to have 2 Uplay accounts, made one years back and then made another one since I had forgotten I had the first one.
Emailed them and asked if it was possible to merge them into one account, but they can't merge them so they offered to give me the keys for the account I wanted to merge from, so that I can have all the games in one account. I was told I would lose any achievements from the account, but I wasn't worried about that.
They told me to activate the new keys on the account I was keeping and let them know that they all worked before they turned off the other account.
 
I've only contacted Ubisoft support once and had a decent experience.
I happened to have 2 Uplay accounts, made one years back and then made another one since I had forgotten I had the first one.
Emailed them and asked if it was possible to merge them into one account, but they can't merge them so they offered to give me the keys for the account I wanted to merge from, so that I can have all the games in one account. I was told I would lose any achievements from the account, but I wasn't worried about that.
They told me to activate the new keys on the account I was keeping and let them know that they all worked before they turned off the other account.

I wish it was that simple. They won't give me an option to create a new account and copy my CD key there. I have a feeling Valve is invalidating our CD keys because they're going out of their way to claim I never owned the title. Or at least that is what I can decipher from their broken English muddled with generic, entirely unrelated solutions.

Uplay always sucked and Valve is certainly trying to replicate Ubisoft's "success".
 
Last edited:
Not sure if this helps or if you know but in the uplay settings there is a button to unlink your steam and uplay accounts.
 
Back
Top