Question about laptops connected to projectors

Peat Moss

Gawd
I've been asked to give a presentation (although it's now been postponed). I haven't used a laptop with a projector before, and was just curious about something.

When giving a power point presentation using a laptop and a projector, does the quality of the image depend on the laptop or the projector? I have an older laptop and the sRGB colors are not that great on it. So I am worried about what the projected color photos I have in my power point presentation would look like. Will the projected image quality reflect the quality of the laptop screen? Or does the HDMI connection between them by-pass the laptop screen to the video card?

I've been asked to give a presentation (although it's now been postponed). I haven't used a laptop with a projector before, and was just curious about something.

When giving a power point presentation using a laptop and a projector, does the quality of the image depend on the laptop or the projector? I have an older laptop and the sRGB colors are not that great on it. So I am worried about what the projected color photos I have in my power point presentation would look like. Will the projected image quality reflect the quality of the laptop screen? Or does the HDMI connection between them by-pass the laptop screen to the video card?

If you have an older laptop I assume you will be using VGA as the video output? If so, that will be a bigger deficit than a color profile.

That said - The projector will be a second monitor to the laptop, it has no tie in to the main laptop screen unless you do a screen duplication. If you setup the projector as true separate monitor then it will have its own color profile you can adjust and the ability to setup the projectors native resolution. You of course also have the projectors adjustments as well.

Back