Question about GPU-Z

litwicki23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
217
Hi forum. I have a question. I have a Gtx 680 Twin Frozr and i want to check only temps while gaming. The most important thing is that i dont want to change clocks of GPU ( even on mistake ? ). I am very sensitive about that things. I want only to see temperatures. I know that GPU-Z is a good program. But i want to be sure, that i am not risking to overheat or damage GPU using only GPU_Z? Thanks and i am waiting for advice.
 
GPU-Z doesn't tweak with any of the settings on your video card. It simply monitors whatever's going on it, nothing more.
 
for checking temps i would recommend msi after burner, this program does allow you to tweak settings on your card but you dont have to to.
you can even setup a fan profile and monitor your temps while playing.
 
Their are three main programs that allow you to monitor and two of them also allow you to "tweak" the card either with OCing or to change the fan profile (making it more aggressive and keeping the card cooler)

First you already mentioned, GPU-Z this one only monitors the temp, freq, and clock speed with several other features. However it cannot do any tweaks just show information or monitor the GFX Card.

MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precision X both have monitoring tools in the program and inside any game that you would want to play, also has the ability to OC and to change the fan profile settings.

I personally run EVGA Precision X, however I do OC my cards but even if I didn't I really enjoy the on-screen display in my games to see how my cards are running.
 
Back
Top