• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about Fubar IV

KnishofDeath

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
1,090
Ok here goes, If I hook up my iMac to the Fubar IV via USB, then hook up my PC via the optical connection will both output to to my speakers? (Swan d1080MKII) I will not be playing audio with both at the same time, just don't want to unhook stuff.

Also just to make sure, when I plug in headphones to the amp it should cut the speakers off yes?

Just want to make sure this will work the way I expect it to before I spend the money, thanx.
 
That's a good question. Email Todd at support (at) audiophileproducts.com

Let us know what he says. :)
 
Also just to make sure, when I plug in headphones to the amp it should cut the speakers off yes?

I am interested in the answer to this as well, however, with respect to the FUBAR III instead of the IV (should work the same way nonetheless)
 
Ok I emailed him this morning, they got back to me fast

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your interest in the Fubar IV.

Yes, you can connect the USB from your MAC and the optical from your PC at
the same time. The Fubar IV gives priority to the USB and then the optical,
so as long as the USB signal is present the Fubar IV will not see the
optical.

I do a similar thing with two Macs. USB from one and Optical from the other.
Its necessary to power of the USB computer before using the optical input
from the other computer.

The Fubar IV does not cut the signal to the speakers when you connect your
headphones. It will play both at the same time. The volume knob controls the
headphone output. The RCA outputs are line-outs.

Thanks again, any other questions please give me a shout.

All the best
Todd Berreth
AudiophileProducts.com
Phone: 1 888 283 4631 (Toll Free)


Looks like I am going to have to find something else that can accommodate what I am trying to do. Any suggestions?
 
Check out the Beresford TC7250 I am pretty sure it will do what you are after given that you can select which input to use on the front of the unit.
 
I've got a Audio-GD Fun, I like it alot. Its got a knob on the front to switch input between usb, optical, and coaxial. Also has a line in button. Which is like a 4th option i guess, it disables dac to use linein. Only downside is this thing is kinda big, well mostly just wide.
 
Back
Top