• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about fan 5870

litwicki23

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
217
Hi. Simply quesion. Sometimes when i am turning ON pc and next is the screen of Windows ( WELCOME ) mine fan of card is turning on for a second to 100%.. It's very rare. 1 time or 2 times of 20. Is this normal? Why for a second and on welcome screen of Windows?

Catalyst 10.2
Windows 7 ultimate x64
Powercolor 5870
I5 2,66
Ga-P55-UD3
 
Mine does the same thing on occasion... I also have a powercolor 5870 if that matters. I just ignore it since as soon as windows boots it ramps back down to 24%.
 
Thx bro you very helped me! :):):):):) Now i am dont worry. What a FAST HELP !HEh .
I buy for you a beer:)>! Thx
 
It's normal. It does that until the driver kicks in and throttles it down.
 
I dont mean the screen when windows is loading starting ( BLACK screen )

But i mean this screen when windows is loaded. Then fan sometimes is 100%. You understand me good?

here is a pic:



Uploaded with ImageShack.us


And you talking about the same ? look screen
 
I dont mean the screen when windows is loading starting ( BLACK screen )

But i mean this screen when windows is loaded. Then fan sometimes is 100%. You understand me good?

here is a pic:


And you talking about the same ? look screen

The drivers haven't actually kicked in at that point I don't think. As long as it ramps down it's fine.
 
The drivers haven't actually kicked in at that point I don't think. As long as it ramps down it's fine.

So you got too this fan 100% sometimes, on the same screen when i show you?

Or you was mean other? You write something about booting win
 
So you got too this fan 100% sometimes, on the same screen when i show you?

Or you was mean other? You write something about booting win

It'll stay at 100% while on the login screen (where you type your password).

It'll ramp down after windows is booted up (desktop loaded, drivers loaded in the background).

But like you said earlier, this happens only once or twice out of 20 boots.
 
yeah now i understand:)

I just thinking that you saying " I just ignore it since as soon as windows boots it ramps back down to 24%" you was mean loading screen of windows ( this black screen ).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top