• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about Enermax Noisemaker 600w SLI

Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
3,032
I got my new parts yesterday along with the PSU, I connected my watercooling unit to it only and was testing for leaks before i put in my system and parts, inorder for the Koolance Exos unit to work this way it has to be connected to the powerswitch on the tower and the 4th and 6th hole on the ATX 20something pin cable have to be shorted with a lil wire, it was working for a while, the PSU was working i think-because the fans were running...then i turned if off-i forgot how, maybe I should have used the I/O switch on the back of the unit instead of removing the jumper wire from the power supply atx cable...but anyway after i did that i refilled my watercooling unit with more solution after i ran it to get the airbubbles out, and then i tried to turn it on and the powersupply didnt work. :eek: :( So i got really dissappointed and wet to bed 4 am after trying everything ....woke up at 8:30 today, tried it again and it worked! What's going on!! Is this normal? Did I accidently cause a short last night and it just needed time to heal? I hope its not damaged....I spend $160.00 on it and hope it wont cause my new parts any problems....did this ever happen to anyone or anything liek this where it'll work, stop working for a while and then become fixed again? :confused:
 
Englishified said:
I got my new parts yesterday along with the PSU. I connected my watercooling unit to it only and was testing for leaks before I put in my system and parts. In order for the Koolance Exos unit to work this way it has to be connected to the powerswitch on the tower and the 4th and 6th hole on the ATX 20-something pin cable have to be shorted with a lil wire.

It was working for a while--the PSU was working I think--because the fans were running. Then i turned if off--I forgot how, maybe I should have used the I/O switch on the back of the unit instead of removing the jumper wire from the power supply atx cable--but anyway after I did that I refilled my watercooling unit with more solution after I ran it to get the airbubbles out and then i tried to turn it on and the powersupply didnt work. So I got really dissappointed and wet to bed 4 am after trying everything, woke up at 8:30 today, tried it again and it worked!

What's going on? Is this normal? Did I accidently cause a short last night and it just needed time to heal? I hope its not damaged; I spent $160.00 on it and hope it won't cause my new parts any problems. Did this ever happen to anyone or anything like this where it'll work, stop working for a while and then become fixed again?

That's easier to read, don't you think?
 
Thanks, I didn't know the grammar nazis patrolled these forums...everyone cross your T's and dot your I's...anyway hope someone can give me some insight.
 
haha..I get this all the time with my antec..it will work for awhile..but then If I shut it down...(to be safe when I am modding my case) and When I want to turn it back on..it won't..so i gotta leave it there for awhile then come back and it'll work :) happens al the time
 
WTF!?!?

Alright maybe it’s me, but that’s not cool at all, if I had a PSU that did that I would be bitching and moaning at the company asking what’s going on, maybe just RMA'ing it for a new on.

PSU shouldn't be finicky they should work or not, Not when they feel like it

and if my New Enermax does that u better bet that its getting returned for a new one, or if I can pull it off something from another company.

I don't know, maybe I’m in a bad mood, but those are just my thoughts

justapix
 
Back
Top