Question About DVI....

dj_2004

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
7,279
I recently bought a HYUNDAI L90D+ from newegg and thought it came with a dvi cable (even the fuji monitor comes with one, big disappointment). So I ordered a DVI cable off ebay but when I got it I saw it was an 18pin, not the 24pin which the monitor takes. Is it safe to still use the 18pin cable for long-term use? Seems to work fine, but I have a feeling it isn't good for the monitor. Anyways heres some comparison shots of the cables:
My Cable:

The Right Cable:
 
Interesting, then would the 24pin give better visuals? (I doubt if I would notice anyways)
 
dj_2004 said:
Interesting, then would the 24pin give better visuals? (I doubt if I would notice anyways)



No the extra pins are for a DUAL DVI connection, the extra bandwidth would be need to run say, a 37 inch LCD or such......
 
TheRapture said:
No the extra pins are for a DUAL DVI connection, the extra bandwidth would be need to run say, a 37 inch LCD or such......
Ahh I see. You just saved me $12 :) Thanks for the help Rapture, good to know these things.
 
Back
Top