• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about displayport tearing

Well tearing is only going to come from eyefnity. If you are using passive adaptors you are not going to be able to use eyefinity.

I use all 3 LCD's on DP and I have NO tearing. I had tearing before when I used my 6970's on 2 DP and 1 DVI. But now that I have 6990 all my LCDs are on DP and I have zero tearing.

Also do not confuse lack of vsync with tearing. Tearing will happen even if vsync is on. It has to do with interface lag difference between dvi, hdmi, and display port connections. Put them all on the same style of ports and they will no longer tear.
 
Yea, I have eyefinity and I have one active adapter already. My monitors do not have displayport and I don't want to spend another $60 on adapters. I'm wondering if passive adapters would stop the tearing.

What's weird is the tearing does not occur in extended mode, but when I switch to eyefinity mode and drag a window the tearing occurs. Makes me wonder if this is a driver issue.
 
I weas just looking in to this as well, but I have 6970s in crossfire and only 2 mini display ports on my card :(

Good info to know though I was starting to think it might have been a v-sync issue, and now know it's not
 
Back
Top