Question about Dell E510 and video cards

stevephhs016

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
99
Hey all, I posted a while ago about the Sapphire X800GTO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814102602. I've been searching around newegg and I also came across this one, Connect3D X800GTO, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...N82E16814142052. The connect3D seems to be the more popular one with 134 reviews and 5 stars (max). The only difference I can find comparing the two is that the connect3D lists out the memory clock at 980MHz and the fact that it has VIVO. But the price is $175 for connect3D and 159 for Sapphire. My question is whether the E510 is able to handle the power issues for these two video cards and whether that $16 "upgrade" to connect3D is worth it w/o shipping taken into account? Thanks a lot in advance
 
Been around the Sapphire forums and some said that the X800GTO needs ~400W. I believe the Dell E510 has ~305W. Can anybody confirm or is it safe to go with the X800GTO?
 
Back
Top