Hi guys,
A friend of mine was sharing info about recording video via cpu and I just need some clarification.
I'm a beginner to pc hardware (built my first gaming rig not too long ago), so I don't know if what he said was true, or if I misinterpreted it, but I am curious to know what he meant.
We got into discussion about processors, and he was wondering why I chose the 2500k over the 2550k, because according to him the latter has a faster core clock and the lack of IGP makes it a better overclocker. But since my cpu has a IGP, he told me that it is possible to record using that so recording video doesn't tax my actual gpu's.
Is this true? I'd like to start recording games through fraps, but I always experience 20-30 fps frame drops from recording. Is there a way to have your IGP on your cpu do the recording so there is no framerate drop?
Again, I don't know much about video recording or rendering, so maybe I'm impressionable, but I'd thought it worth asking if this really is true. Thanks!
A friend of mine was sharing info about recording video via cpu and I just need some clarification.
I'm a beginner to pc hardware (built my first gaming rig not too long ago), so I don't know if what he said was true, or if I misinterpreted it, but I am curious to know what he meant.
We got into discussion about processors, and he was wondering why I chose the 2500k over the 2550k, because according to him the latter has a faster core clock and the lack of IGP makes it a better overclocker. But since my cpu has a IGP, he told me that it is possible to record using that so recording video doesn't tax my actual gpu's.
Is this true? I'd like to start recording games through fraps, but I always experience 20-30 fps frame drops from recording. Is there a way to have your IGP on your cpu do the recording so there is no framerate drop?
Again, I don't know much about video recording or rendering, so maybe I'm impressionable, but I'd thought it worth asking if this really is true. Thanks!