maxiedaniels
Gawd
- Joined
- May 25, 2005
- Messages
- 1,006
I would post this in his thread, but since it's a sticky, I don't think I will get a fast response.
I was reading through Lukano's thread about his OC'ing, and he said that he changed the HTT multiplier. What I don't get is, in Eclipse's OC guide, there must have been a typo with the HTT multiplier... it says this:
LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio: another term for the HT link multiplier. the final HT link speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. It has virtually no effect on performance, so do not worry about lowering it to get a higher overclock. As a general rule of thumb, you don't want the final HT link speed going over 1000mhz.
Ok, well FSB * the ratio.. I thought that was the clock speed... well maybe it is.. because look at this...
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: This is the CPU multiplier. basically, CPU speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. you have the option of setting it anywhere between and including the stock multi and 4x.
They both say the same thing. Is it a typo? If it is, which im guessing, why would it say that it won't effect performance if Lukano got a better OC with lowering it?
I was reading through Lukano's thread about his OC'ing, and he said that he changed the HTT multiplier. What I don't get is, in Eclipse's OC guide, there must have been a typo with the HTT multiplier... it says this:
LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio: another term for the HT link multiplier. the final HT link speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. It has virtually no effect on performance, so do not worry about lowering it to get a higher overclock. As a general rule of thumb, you don't want the final HT link speed going over 1000mhz.
Ok, well FSB * the ratio.. I thought that was the clock speed... well maybe it is.. because look at this...
CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio: This is the CPU multiplier. basically, CPU speed = FSB (HTT) * this number. you have the option of setting it anywhere between and including the stock multi and 4x.
They both say the same thing. Is it a typo? If it is, which im guessing, why would it say that it won't effect performance if Lukano got a better OC with lowering it?