• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Question about buying a Raptor

Joined
Jun 1, 2006
Messages
58
Ok, i'm looking into purchasing a new primary hard-drive. I came across the 74GB Raptor, and thought this should be perfect.

Raptor Link

My primary concern is the fact that it stats 'RAID-specific' in the description. I have never done a Raid Config, nor do I want to. Does RAID specific only effect the type of RAID configuiration you plan on using? Meaning, since I don't plan on running a RAID config, I would run into any problems using the hard-drive in normal matters.

Any information would be appreciated, thanx.
 
That's an excellent choice at an excellent price. I just bought 2 with the $30 rebate per HDD>

It truly is the fastest SATA HDD out right now. Period.

Don't worry about the RAID only stuff-it works just as great as a single drive.

Buy it now! Buy 2 now!!!!! :)
 
Got the single 150g raptor now and no regrets. Coming from dual 74g raptors in RAID0, dont see no difference in performance.
 
yup.. i just purchased that one today for my brother's computer i'm building him. I have the 74gb 8mb cache raptor drive in my rig.. I bought it when they first came out. I think I payed $273 bux for it.. lol. Anyways, it is so worth it. The drive is awesome. I can't hear the thing even with my ear 3'' away from it. Load times for games are always like 2 sec faster than anyone else when I play multiplayer games if they have the same proc/ram as me but no raptor. :)
 
Back
Top