• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Question about batch numbers...

tracer

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
154
I am going to buy my i7 next monday at microcenter. I just tonight started hearing things about batch numbers. What is good, what is bad? How do I ask for a specific batch or what do I even look for? I have no idea, i've searched the forum but all I can find is people looking for a "d0" but i dont see "d0" in the batch numbers im looking up....i see something like 3837A909 ........


Help me buy the right thing!
 
I am going to buy my i7 next monday at microcenter. I just tonight started hearing things about batch numbers. What is good, what is bad? How do I ask for a specific batch or what do I even look for? I have no idea, i've searched the forum but all I can find is people looking for a "d0" but i dont see "d0" in the batch numbers im looking up....i see something like 3837A909 ........


Help me buy the right thing!

I doubt you could buy anything but a D0 at Micro Center even if you wanted. They've refreshed their entire stock so many times that they're all D0 at this point.

There's no use worrying about the batch number. It's not like every single chip from a given batch performs identically well (or poorly).
 
Back
Top