Question about ATI drivers

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
493
I need to update my drivers on my 9800 Pro. I was wondering if I should use the ATI ones or are there some 3rd party drivers that work just as well or even better? I thought I'd seen some awhile back. If I do go with the ATI drivers, should I install the driver or that catalyst suit? How usefull is that suite?
 
I would wait a couple days. The rumour is that 7.2 CCC are out this week which should better the CCC in numerous ways.

If you cannot wait there are plenty of alternatives. You can just install ATI drivers without CCC and use AtiTool or AtiTrayTools to change settings.
 
The alternative I was thinking of was the omega drivers. I heard some one mention those on this board.
 
Try to get your hands on the 4.21's straight from ATI.
I belive they were the sweet spot for that card. You can also get the console version and leave CCC off your computer completly.
 
Back
Top